DISH vs Optimum
Many New York, New Jersey, Connecticut and Pennsylvania residents must choose between local cable company Optimum and nationally available DISH Network. This review compares the providers’ channel options, pricing, technology and more.
DISH customers enjoy popular channels and great promotional offers, including free installation and a Smart HD DVR included. Switch to DISH for the best customer service in the industry and save more than $100 over Optimum!
DISH vs Optimum: Channel Packages
Optimum’s Value TV package can easily be compared to America’s Top 120 from DISH. With DISH’s package, you get popular channels like BBC America, Discovery Family, Viceland, CMT and more. Unlike DISH Top 120, Optimum Value also doesn’t include channels from the NFL, MLB and NHL. Thanks to included local channels and your first receiver fee-free, DISH saves you more than $100 over Optimum!
*All offers require credit qualification and 24-month commitment and early termination free with eAutopay. Offer ends 4/9/18. Call for details. Prices include Hopper Duo for qualifying customers. Hopper, Hopper w/Sling or Hopper 3 $5/mo. more. Upfront fees may apply based on credit qualification.
DISH vs Optimum: Best Technology
DISH delivers the best DVR technology with the Hopper 3. Record 16 channels at once and watch as many as 7 TVs at a time! The Sling technology in the Hopper DVR lets you watch live TV from your entire channel lineup no matter where you go. Catch up on your recorded shows, movies and games on vacation, your commute and everywhere in between.
Upgrade for just $5/mo. to the Hopper 3 HD DVR and enjoy tons of other features, including remote finder, Multi-View mode, integrated search with built in Netflix, and Bluetooth compatibility.
DISH vs Optimum: Promotional Offers
DISH offers new customers great deals that Optimum doesn’t include. When you join the DISH family, you will enjoy these perks and more:
- Lock in your price for 2 years, guaranteed
- Watch premium channels free for 3 months*
- Upgrade for $5/mo. to the innovative Hopper 3 HD DVR
- Enjoy stunning high definition FREE for life
*After 3 mos., you will be billed $55/mo. for HBO, Cinemax, Showtime, Starz and DISH Movie Pack unless you call to cancel.
DISH vs Optimum: Customer Service
DISH treats its customers to industry-leading customer service, while Optimum falls behind. With DISH, you’ll enjoy the provider with the highest call center and website satisfaction. You’ll get stress-free service from the company with the lowest customer complain rate among major TV providers. DISH also has the clearest bill to understand and you’ll receive an easy-to-follow statement each month.
*Based on the average American Customer Satisfaction Index comparison of major TV providers (2010-2015).
DISH Network Packages
|AMERICA’S TOP 120||AMERICA’S TOP 120+||AMERICA’S TOP 200||AMERICA’S TOP 250|
|190 CHANNELS||190+ CHANNELS||240+ CHANNELS||290+ CHANNELS|
|Top 120 Reviews:||Top 120+ Reviews:||Top 200 Reviews:||Top 250 Reviews:|
|VIEW DETAILS||VIEW DETAILS||VIEW DETAILS||VIEW DETAILS|
|FREE Premium Channels*||FREE Premium Channels*||FREE Premium Channels*||FREE Premium Channels*|
|Smart HD DVR Included||Smart HD DVR Included||Smart HD DVR Included||Smart HD DVR Included|
|FREE Installation||FREE Installation||FREE Installation||FREE Installation|
|VIEW DETAILS||VIEW DETAILS||VIEW DETAILS||VIEW DETAILS|
|AMERICA’S TOP 120|
|DISH Flex Reviews:|
|AMERICA’S TOP 120+|
|Top 120+ Reviews:|
|AMERICA’S TOP 200|
|Top 200 Reviews:|
|AMERICA’S TOP 250|
|Top 250 Reviews:|
*All offers require credit qualification and 24-month commitment and early termination free with eAutopay. Offer ends 4/9/18. Call for details. Prices include Hopper Duo for qualifying customers. Hopper, Hopper w/Sling or Hopper 3 $5/mo. more. Upfront fees may apply based on credit qualification. After 3 mos., you will be billed $55/mo. for Cinemax, Showtime, Starz and DISH Movie Pack unless you call to cancel.
5 Reasons Why DISH Is Better Than Optimum
- DISH includes local channels, your first receiver fee, installation and more in your monthly bill. Optimum customers are charged hundreds in fees, but the price you see is the price you get with DISH!
- Free professional installation in up to 6 rooms is free when you choose DISH. You can be watching TV as soon as tomorrow with next day installation included in your new TV package from DISH (where available).
- Enjoy tons of popular channels that you won’t get from Optimum without an expensive upgrade. CMT, Sundance TV, BBC America, Cooking Channel and more are all included in America’s Top 120, but you won’t find them in Optimum Value.
- Watch On Demand programming, Netflix movies and shows, and special televised events in 4K in DISH using your Hopper 3 HD DVR. This technology isn’t available from cable TV providers like Cablevision Optimum.
- Take live and recorded TV with you using the DISH Anywhere app for Android and iOS. Watch your entire channel lineup live no matter where you are, and catch up on your DVR recordings from anywhere.
DISH vs Optimum Frequently Asked Questions
DISH vs Cablevision
DISH Network offers more of the channels you love, plus NFL, MLB and NHL networks, all for a lower price than Cablevision Optimum. Choose DISH’s America’s Top 120 for 190 channels and more than $100 in savings over 2 years.
Is Satellite Better Than Cable?
Yes! Satellite TV providers like DISH offer hundreds of channels to homes and businesses nationwide with 99.9% signal reliability. With great DISH Deals and a 2 year price lock, you can also save money when you choose DISH.
How Much does a DVR Cost with Optimum?
A Multi-Room DVR from Optimum costs $16.95 per month, not including a $10 per month receiver fee. When you upgrade to the DISH Hopper 3, the receiver fee for your first TV is included, so you pay just $10 per month.