With just a week left until Halloween, you may be in need of a last minute DIY costume. Creating a costume based on your favorite TV show character may just be the easiest Halloween costume you’ll ever put together! Whether you go solo as Bob Ross or Penny Proud, pair up as Blue and Steve from Blue’s Clues, or have a whole group of My Little Ponies, there’s inspiration in almost every show on TV.
These TV show costumes are simple DIY options for those of us who waited until the last minute:
Simple TV Character Costumes for One
Mindy, The Mindy Project
Who doesn’t want to be smart, focused, fun-loving Mindy Lahiri? This is a great DIY option that can easily be recreated.
- Pink top and black skirt or pink dress
- White lab coat with nametag
Bob Ross, The Joy of Painting
Get some laughs with a rendition of this public television favorite. Bonus points if you paint a landscape throughout the night.
- Jeans with belt
- Blue button down shirt
- Brown wig
- Paint palette
Penny Proud, The Proud Family
This Disney Channel classic is easy to recreate for a unique TV character costume!
- Purple skirt
- White button down shirt
- Pink cardigan
- White socks
Last Minute Character Couples Costumes
Sheldon and Amy, The Big Bang Theory
Everyone’s favorite uber-smart couple is a super-simple last minute Halloween costume.
- Sheldon: corduroy pants, The Flash t-shirt, long sleeve shirt
- Amy: colored tights, skirt, button down shirt, cardigan, cross body bag
Bob and Linda, Bob’s Burgers
Dress up as Bob and Linda using stuff you already have in your dresser and kitchen.
- Bob: khaki pants, white shirt, apron, spatula
- Linda: jeans, red sweater, red glasses, apron
Arthur and Buster, Arthur
Siblings and friends can get in on this DIY costume that’s great for a pair.
- Arthur: jeans, yellow sweater, white collared shirt, headband with brown ears
- Buster: jeans, blue sweater, orange collared shirt, bunny ears
Pam and Jim, The Office
Bring your significant other to the office Halloween party with this appropriate last minute costume.
- Pam: khaki skirt, button down shirt, cardigan, Dunder Mifflin nametag
- Jim: button down shirt and tie, khakis, belt, coffee mug, Dunder Mifflin nametag
Blue and Steve, Blue’s Clues
This 90s duo is a great DIY Halloween costume. Just make a pair of ears out of a headband and you’ll be good to go!
- Blue: blue dress (or top and pants), blue spotted ears
- Steve: khaki pants, green striped sweater, white collared shirt, notebook
Easy DIY Group Character Costumes
My Little Pony, My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic
Mix up colors and accent shapes to create a whole heard of magical ponies at the last minute.
- Headband with ears
- Shirt and pants in the same color
- Tail – made of yarn, ribbon or tulle
- Foam stickers shaped like stars, butterflies, etc.
Charlie Brown and Lucy, Charlie Brown
The rest of Charlie Brown’s gang is just as easy to replicate as Lucy and Charlie Brown himself.
- Charlie Brown: black shorts, yellow polo with black stripe
- Lucy: blue dress, football
Looking for a movie to get you in the Halloween spirit? Check out our list of some of the best Halloween movies for more spooky inspiration.